It’s been all we could talk about the last week or two, and we have finally received our first order of great beats from a new-to-us supplier South of the border. Our source for L.I.E.S., Mood Hut and much more. Come check it out… And yea, we appreciate the irony of importing local electronic 12″s from the USA…
Mood Hut 004 – Pender Street Steppers 12″
- Three variable speed joints for the discerning music connoisseur. Eclectic aesthetic, but never too far from the floor, with shades of Dub and Jazz to appeal to serious and casual dancers and listeners alike.
Mood Hut 003 – Ttam Renat – On the Inner Plains 12″
- For late nights under the stars at Prospect Point, 100% Canadian sounds.
L.I.E.S. – 2 dogs in a house – Eliminator
- More cracked House from L.I.E.S.! Rhythm Ace beats, throbbing electronics and haunting melodies.
CLASSIC TRACKS FROM BASIC CHANNEL NOW IN STOCK!
Basic Channel – Phytyps – Trak
Basic Channel – Quadrant
Basic Channel – Lyot Remix
Omar S. IN STOCK
- That’s right folks, Red Cat Records now proudly stocks a wide selection of 12″s and LP’s from the legendary enigmatic auteur, the one and only Alex Omar S. Bleep and bass techno-scapes, jackin’ tracks, disco vibes, and soulful deep house, it can all be done, but only one man can do it all, Omar S. Keep techno FXHE.
V/A – Polar Inertia Remixed (featuring mixes by Silent Servant and Abdullah Rashim)
- Dark and tripping techno sounds from a few of our favourites.
Russell Haswell – 37 min Workout
- Musician, sound artist, and master-crafter of extreme noise Russell Haswell brings us another fresh take on post-techno industrial.
D.A.R.F.D.H.S. – Def Stora Ovase
Mix Mup – After the job 12″
- Crisp house and techno sounds from this Kassem Mosse collaborator.
Legowelt – The Rise 12″
- Great ’80’s synthesizer soundtrack (ala John Carpenter!) and coldwave inspired 12″ chronicling the Rise of Manuel Noriega… The Fall is on it’s way.
Tshetsha Boys – Bafana Bafana 12″
- Shangaan Electro Classic!
Deadbeat and Paul St. Hilaire – Infinity Dub Sessions
- New Dub dream-team paring of Canadian producer Deadbeat and legendary toaster, singer, guitarist and Rhythm and Sound collaborator Paul St. Hilaire. Deep.
Kangding Ray – Solens Arc
S_W_Z_K – s/t
Voices From The Lake – Velo 12″
Marcus Schnickler/Julian Rohrhuber – Politiken Der Frequenz
Heatsick – Re-engineering
Heatsick – Intersex
Clay Wilson/Socorro Oizum split 12″ on The Bunker New York Label
Vermont – s/t
- Innervisions Marcus Worcull and Danilo Plessow from Motor City Drum Ensemble
Author – Forward Forever
Abdulla Rashim – Welidya ep
- back in stock once again, one of our most popular 12″
CV313 – Deepspace
CV313 – Affiniti
Awanto3 – Opel Mantra Part One
Composite Profuse – Roma 12″
Donato Dozzy and Nuel (Spectrum Spools)
Streetwalker – Future Fusion
Holly Herndon – Chorus 12″
Bass Clef – Acid Tracts
Voices From The Lake – SIlent Drops featuring Donato Dozzy
- A pristine slab of the finest ambient techno.
Console – Herself Remixes II
-beat-maker for The Notwist and god’s hand behind the german dance epic “14-zero-zero”
VTGNIKE – Dubna
- New sounds from Russia on Nicholas Jaar’s Other People imprint. Deeply nuanced, finely tweaked and filtered beat music, with hints of jungle and atmospheric drum and bass (think LTJ Bukem without the bass!) but a flavour all it’s own.
Mr Oizo – Best of Wrong Cops
Kaumwald – Hantasive
- New LP on Opal Tapes vinyl imprint BLACK OPAL, this time on the abstract tip: dark, noisy, and shambolic.
V/A – Traces One
-Traces One presents experimental works from Beatriz Ferreyra, Philippe Carson, Edgardo Canton, Francis Régnier and Mireille Chamass-Kyrou, circa 1960-1970.
V/A – Traces Two
- Traces Two presents experimental works from Denis Smalley, Dominique Guiot, Pierre Boeswillwald, and Rodolfo Caesar, circa 1971-1976.
Cortex – Troupeau Bleu
- Electric grooves matched with dreamy female vocals, heavily sampled by rare groove enthusiasts and artists such as MF Doom and Tyler The Creator.
Glaswegians Glasvegas are coming to town and will be stopping by Red Cat to perform a few songs and sign some records. Come on by and see why William Shatner is a big fan (and most of the UK- they have been in the top 10 UK charts twice). Instore will start at 2:00 pm on Saturday March 1. The 7th, 11th and 17th people to email the store at firstname.lastname@example.org with GLASVEGAS in the subject line will get a free pair of tickets! We’ll also be giving away a couple pairs at the show! Glasvegas will be playing at Venue Saturday night.
The local and excellent More Than Human label has released their 4th album in the span of less than a year. Time Attendant EP is a continuation in the study of minimalist textured ambient electronic music that More Than Human is so good at. Highly recommended, and be sure to check out all of More Than Human’s other releases too.
More Than Human 001 - The Passenger
More Than Human 002 – Plays:four
More Than Human 003 – Kemper Norton
More Than Human 004 – Time Attendant
More Than Human 005 – Dieter Moebius (upcoming)
Connect_icut – Crows and Kittiwakes Wheel and Come Again It’s been a long time Sam, and this was worth the wait! Thank you! Evocative and intense, will remind you of some of Vancouver’s lesser attributes, in a good way.
We have also been expanding and going deep with our electronic section. Tonnes of new music, and some awesome reissues as well.
Darkside – Ltd. Edition Gold 10″ of their first album
Viral Games – Wounded Laurel (Hospital Productions, the same people that brought you Silent Servant and Ron Morelli and Vatican Shadow)
SND/NHK on PAN label
Millie and Andrea – Stage 2 12″ (Andy Stott and Miles Whittaker of Demdike Stare)
Other Lives/Atoms for Peace – Split 12″
Hands – Soul is Quick (Alex Wilner AKA The Field)
NHK Koyxen – Dance Classics III on PAN
Mark McGuire – Along the Way (Emeralds)
In Aeternam Vale – Machine A Laver, Dust Under Brightness, La Piscine, Dub all in stock
Patricia – Body Issues (re-release on Black Opal, the new vinyl offshoot of the renowned Opal Tapes)
Autumn – Synthesize (on Minimal Wave Records)
The upcoming White Lies show has been postponed to Thursday April 24th, 2014.
All other show info remains the same except that support act Frankie Rose will no longer be performing on the rescheduled date.
Ticket holders can choose to keep their tickets which will be honoured on the new date or receive a refund at point of purchase.
The refund deadline is Saturday February 8th, 2014 at 10am PST.